Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Grief, Gustav!

Yes, I know I'm in Arkansas. You'd think old Hurricane/Tropical Storm Gustav wouldn't be that big a deal, right? Wrong!

Record rain--7-9 inches in two days. Besides the flooding, there's still nearly 70k people without power in Arkansas. Yesteday there was over 100k. Because Arkansas borders Louisiana on the south, linemen were sent in droves to Louisiana in advance of Gustav. Then the storm raced north, leaving a large bulk of Arkansas' energy workers out of place for the mess here.

I didn't go to work yesterday or today because there is no power at the office. We aren't sure if we'll get things back on today or not. Fortunately, I have power at home. Obviously, since I'm blogging. *cackle*

The power outage at the day job happened shortly after we shipped 20 truck loads of bottled water for FEMA. Thank goodness.

So I have two guilt free days off. Maybe three. We'll see. Right now, I'm going to finish a short story I've been working on. Need another 1600 words. After that, I have a story to crit for Cynthia D'Alba. Then...finish an Ellora's Cave novella. Don't know if I'll get it all done today but we'll see!

Progress meters... Let's see if they change today!

Short Story


EC Novella

No comments: