Saturday, October 23, 2010

POSTPONED: Self-Editing Class Now Starts 11/7/10

Due to unforeseen conflicts, the class is postponed until 11/7/10!

Permission granted to forward
Self-Editing Workshop
Nov 7-13

Want to perk up the pace of your prose?

Don't know what to look for?


Contest judges getting you down?


Never learned the difference between POV and Show vs Tell?

Join two Roses of Roses Colored Glasses for the
Self-Editing Workshop

Your Instructors: Layla Chase and Shayla Kersten
This workshop will help make your writing shine! Through the use of checklists, lectures and writing exercises for each lesson, we give you tangible examples of what to look for and how to fix it. You'll get interactive assistance from freelance editor and award-winning authors, Layla Chase and Shayla Kersten.


Passive Vs Active voice, Power words & pumping up your sentences

Eliminating implied or unnecessary words


Gerunds, misplaced modifiers, dangling participles


Point Of View and Show Vs Tell


Grammar & Punctuation


Style and Voice


To enroll, send your $20 payment through Paypal from the workshop page on
www.rosescoloredglasses.com. Deadline for enrollment is Oct 23rd. (early tomorrow is okay too)

Testimonials

"... even more than the wonderful tips and checklist and exercises, this workshop taught us how to discipline ourselves, which I love. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Just want to say thank you so much for all your insight and information ladies. I enjoyed the class and can definitely take the information and apply it to my writing. In fact, it's been useful already!"

"I wanted to express my appreciation for the time and assistance we have been given. I have learned so much and have so much to learn. Thanks heaps and I'll be doing this again!"

"I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for teaching the Self-Editing class on Rose's Colored Glasses. I took the class earlier this year and by applying what I learned to my manuscript, I managed to final in a RWA Chapter contest."

No comments: