Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends!

Today we had a timed writing day. Several of the Roses (www.rosescoloredglasses.com) got together and wrote our little fannies off. Well, in my case, that would be considerable fanny.

Timed writing combines competition and encouragement via an internet chat. We meet at a specified time, in our case 8:00 AM, and write for 45 minutes. When the time is up, we meet back in our chat room and report our word counts. For 15 minutes, we discuss problems, rejoice over counts or take coffee/potty breaks. At the top of the hour, we start over again.

Today I reached 7200 words for the day, pushing me over 27k for the month. Since this week has been slow, my word count today really helped me toward my NaNoWriMo goal of 50k.

So with a push in the posterior from the Roses, I get by with a little help from my friends!

No comments: