Monday, November 5, 2007

I Hate Mondays!

First, Mondays in general are a pain in the posterior. Hauling myself out of bed at the butt crack of dawn, rushing to get out of the house, barely time for a cup of java after two days of leisurely rising, sipping coffee and enjoying the morning. So I'm a little prejudiced against Mondays to begin with.

Today was no different. I had a lousy day at work. The day seemed as if it would never end. Of course, with the change to daylight savings time, when I finally got out of there, it was nearly dark. So I'm driving home, on a 54 mile commute, and out of nowhere, yep, you guessed it, a deer rushed me from the passenger side. The animal looked like it was a giant as it hit my windshield. I managed to pull off the road, in the dark and call 911. A couple of men stopped and pulled the deer out of the road and checked to see if I was okay.

It took the state trooper about half an hour to get to the scene; another half hour to get the report done. I drove the last 30 miles home doing 50 mph because the windshield is in some serious kind of mess. The only apparent damage to the body of the car was a dent above the passenger side wheel well. Once home, I took a blanket and spread it over the windshield so my cats wouldn't end up cutting their paws--they like to get on the car. I tucked the blanket into the doors to keep it up there. When I opened the passenger side door, it rubbed against the front quarter panel. So evidently, there's more damage than I thought.

So tomorrow, I'm off to my insurance agent and I hope I have rental car on my policy.

I have to admit, I was expecting an accident. I've been driving over 100 miles a day to and from work for over 12 years. I figured the odds were stacking against me! At least, my car wasn't totaled, I wasn't hurt and the airbag didn't deploy. The airbag scares the crap out of me! LOL

No comments: