Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life Happens!

Well a lot has changed since I last posted! First, the job interview went well but they chose someone else. *shrugs* I was a wee bit over-qualified but it would have been work closer to home. And then this week, I find out the Evil Day Job is finally going away. I'm kind of being laid off but kind of not. LOL No, nothing is ever easy with me. *cackle*

The long and short of it is, as of next Friday, October 3rd, I no longer have an Evil Day Job. I've worked out a deal with the Evil Boss' Boss where I'll still be doing some work from them. Mostly from home. Occasionally might have to go there. Of course, the pay will be limited. But the upside is I'll have more time to write. I'll keep looking for another job but I won't jump into something just because I'm unemployed. I can manage for a while without a job and it gives me much more time to write. And the more I write, the more I have to sell, the more money I can make, the longer I can stay home! Woo hoo!

Unless a really great job comes along, I don't expect to go back to full time work until after Christmas. I might do some part time or contract stuff. I'll wait and see.

So, since I'm going to have a lot of time to write, I need to make the most of it. I've set myself a rather brutal schedule for October and November. Of course, November is NaNoWriMo. I'll be working on a submission for Harlequin Blaze this year. Lots of sex allowed so hopefully I won't stall out like I did last year. I can't seem to write without sex scenes! LOL I'll be posting my progess on my blogs and I welcome all whip cracking anyone cares to provide.

As far as progress...the novella is almost done. I should be able to wrap it up tomorrow. I should have finished today but I managed to paint myself into a corner. I finally figured out what to do to get out but I'm about done for the day.

EC Novella


I have to be up early tomorrow. Delilah Devlin, Myla Jackson and I are playing on the Ellora's Cave readers loop starting at 8AM Central tomorrow. Stop by and join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ellorascavechat.

No comments: