Saturday, February 12, 2011

Deja Vu MTV!

Except it's name is Yahoo Music. A few weeks ago, I finally got tired of hooking and unhooking my computer to my TV to watch Netflix and Hulu. Sudden inspiration--or maybe the resparking of a few dead brain cells--reminded me of my old laptop.

I bought a new one last year because different components were messing up--keyboard due to cat claws, USB ports, CD drive. Seemed too much like a disaster waiting to happen to trust my manuscripts on it. But to hook it up to the TV to watch shows online? What's to lose? I even found a mini-wireless keyboard with a touch pad. It's the size of a remote. I can surf through the shows I want to watch without having to deal with a full sized keyboard.

The other day Brandi Evans posted Halestorm's video, A Familiar Taste of Poison, on her blog. I decided to play it on my TV--because it is an awesome video.



Then I started searching for other videos online. I found Yahoo Music. And there lies the MTV deja vu! I loved MTV back when the "M" stood for music and they played non-stop videos all day. That would be in the early 80s the young whippersnappers among you. Back then, my TV rarely had anything else on.

Good news...lots of fabulous videos and I can make my own playlists. Bad news...I can see my iTunes shopping list getting expensive because I found a lot of songs I must buy!

Currently listening/watching: Bottoms Up by Trey Songz



Even if I'm officially an old fart, I still love music of all kinds. Well, almost. I do draw the line at some things. I dread today because my evil, evil mother promised my ten year-old niece that Auntie Shayla would be happy to take her to the Justin Bieber movie.

The other day, I told Momma I was bringing earplugs to drown out the squealing screams of hyperactive tweens over a kid who seriously needs a haircut. I mean, come on. The kid's worth millions. Hire a decent barber!

But I digress... (Digress--fancy word for "saw something shiny".)

As soon as my complaint to my mother left my lips, I realized I was officially an old fart and it had nothing to do with turning 51 last week. Thirty-some-odd years ago, I was a screaming teenager at live concerts. Of course, I had better taste. I screamed for Electric Light Orchestra, the Doobie Brothers, Blue Oyster Cult and Rush. *cackle* Keep me in your thoughts as I brave the Bieber Fever crowd. I just hope I survive.

Hey, maybe I'll plug into Yahoo Music and watch my kind of videos during the movie!

No comments: