Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saying Goodbye To Furry Friends

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my dog, Barney. He turned fifteen in January. I got him when he was barely weaned. Poor old boy was falling apart and I probably should have let him go months ago but I couldn't. I need to do better in the future.

I have an aging animal population. This year isn't going to be a good one. December, I lost my cat Nommy. Yesterday, Barney.

Today, Princess the cat goes back to the vet. I don't know what will happen with her. She's seventeen and has kidney failure. Doc tried a treatment two weeks ago. Not sure if it did any good.

My dog Mei Mei is older than Barney and she's failing too. Of the other five cats, at least two of them are probably older than 10 years.

I've spoiled all of them rotten so at least they've had a good life. But it's so hard to let go...

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Big hugs, Shayla! I know what a good fur-baby mom you are.

The Word Place said...

It's so so so hard to say goodbye, but I've always felt that it's the last loving act we can do for our faithful furry friends who depend on us to always have their best interests at heart. Hugs.