Saturday, August 25, 2007

Long Time, No Update!

Wow! I haven't updated my blog in ages! Been really busy. Finished the sequel to Thirty Days and submitted it! Finally off my desk...for now. I hope Liquid Silver likes the story. It was harder to write than I thought it would be.

I've been working on synopses for book three and four in The Cost of Eternity world. Started writing book three last night. I also sketched out another contemporary gay romance plus a fourth one for the Older Woman/Younger Man series for Ellora's Cave. My calendar is full!

I've also been musing over a mainstream series (contemporary, mystery, suspense). I've worked out most of the characters but haven't settled on a story line. Since this idea is more of a mystery/suspense than a romance, I'll probably use a different pen name. Haven't decided on what yet! Most people who read Shayla Kersten are looking for hot sex (most of it gay) and a romance. Don't need to confuse readers by publishing something totally different under the same name!

I aim to have the story for the first book in the series lined out by November and use National Novel Writing Month to get the first one started.Am I a little bit crazy? Okay, I'm a lot crazy! But I love to write. I just don't have enough time in the day to satisfy all the voices!

Tomorrow, I'll be playing at Ellora's Cave's reader loop with Delilah Devlin and Myla Jackson. Stop by and read some hot excerpts, play a few games and maybe win some prizes! You can join the insanity at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ellorascavechat. Hope to see you there!

Hugs,
Shayla

No comments: