Sunday, October 21, 2007

Time flies...

The days are getting away from me! Only a week left of October! I have no idea how that happened. Is it an age thing? Seems to me that the older I get, the faster the days pass me by. As if forty was some magical mark for time to speed up...

Or maybe I'm so busy I can't keep track of the time? That's probably more like it! *cackle*

I just finished helping the wonderful and talented Layla Chase facilitate a self-editing class so this week was covered up! I'd get home from the day job, barely manage to eat then jump on editing assignments. By the time I finished, it was bed time for me!

My doctor is trying out all kinds of new drugs on me. *cackle* That makes me sound like a guinea pig! I'm trying to quit smoking so he started me on Chantix. He also, for the sake of public safety, put me back on hormones. Can we say menopause is a bitch, boys and girls? The hormones kicked in to relieve the night sweats and hot flashes just about the time the Chantix threw in the nausea, sleeplessness and nightmares. Nightmares! Really bad ones. Blood, guts, gore, dying people--some close to me--waking up in the kind of terror that makes you cower under the covers afraid to even reach for the light!

So the Chantix went in the garbage after two weeks. Kept the hormones though. *hugs Premphase* Then Doc called and wanted to see me for a blood pressure check and to "talk" about my cholesterol. Never good when you are called in by the doctor like an unruly child to the principal!

When I went the first time, my blood pressure was a little high but my hip, which I have chronic trouble with, was hurting something fierce. Nurse said my BP was probably high because of the pain. Doc disagreed when I went back and the BP was still a little high. The cholesterol, on the other hand, was slightly...astronomical?

So now, I'm on Caduet--which covers cholesterol and BP--plus the hormones, plus Wellbutrin for the smoking issue, plus Naproxen for my joint pains. I guess I need to breakdown and get one of those pill boxes with the days of the week etched on the lids of each little compartment. My mother has one of those. So does my grandmother.

Hmmm... Maybe it is an age thing.

No comments: