Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life In General

I've been out of sorts lately. Tired, unmotivated, can't seem to concentrate on anything--evil day job or writing related. Part of it I blamed on quitting smoking. Supposedly your metabolism drops when you quit smoking... Okay, that could work. Part of it I blamed on the 105 degree weather with 110-115 heat indices. I mean, who can get motivated when walking outside takes your breath away! Part of my blahs I blamed on just the normal cycle of ups and downs I seem to go through at different times of the year.

I didn't, however, think I was actually sick! *cackle*

About a week and a half ago, I started coughing...not much, just in the mornings and it didn't last long. On the third day, the coughing included blood and my back hurt from the middle of my shoulder blades to my waist. Time to see a doctor. I didn't feel sick but hey, anytime blood is involved... So I went a week ago Friday. I had walking pneumonia! No telling how long I'd had it! Bitch of it was, my car was packed to spend the weekend with a few writer friends and my doctor said I couldn't go! *pouts*

Of course, by the time I got home, I was ready to hit the bed. It was as if his diagnosis gave my body permission to fall apart! LOL I'm better. The antibiotics seemed to have done the job although I feel like I could sleep away the day today. I went back to work on Thursday and then went to my RWA chapter meeting yesterday so I am a little worn out.

While I was sick I recieved my page proofs for Keket's Curse (Masters of Desire antho for Kensington Aphrodisia). I finally got around to them last night. Before that, I couldn't stay upright for long. Only two corrections! Woohoo! I can fax the two pages back tomorrow.

I'm trying to get back into working on a new m/m story. It's just a short novella but with the way I've been feeling this summer, it's taking FOREVER!! LOL I think I'm going to take a nap and then work on the story this afternoon. If I can get anything written, I'll be happy. Because of the pneumonia, I promised not to push myself too much this week.

No comments: