Thursday, May 3, 2007

Wonderful news! Maybe...

July is fast approaching along with the annual Romance Writers of America Conference. This will be my second RWA national conference. Last year, I wandered around as a bright eyed newbie without a contract to my name. This year, I'll be going as a multi-published author with six sales under my belt. Woo hoo!

One of the hightlights of the conference is the Literacy Signing. Publishers donate books, authors are there with pens ready to autograph and the general public shows up to buy. All the proceeds go to ProLiteracy Worldwide. Last year, I was a cashier for the function. Since my only books so far are ebooks and not print, I figured I'd volunteer in the same capacity this year.

Well, then again...maybe not.

The Publisher at Ellora's Cave asked for a list of her authors who were attending RWA National this year. I sent my little email saying I was one of them. The next thing I know, my name and my book, The Cost of Eternity, are on a list of books Ellora's Cave is sending to print in time for National! My book is going to print! When I saw my name on the list, I screamed! And I was at work. *cackle* Of course, there were a number of books on that list and Raelene said the production department looked a little wild eyed at her request. She said, fingers crossed, they'd manage to get them all done.

So, cross your fingers for Ellora's Cave's print production department. If they come through, I'll spend my second Literacy Signing actually signing! Anyone out there in the Dallas area on Wednesday, July 11th, between 5:30 and 7:30, stop by the Hyatt Regency and say hi!

No comments: