My younger sister has a wicked wit. Whenever we get together, she has me in stitches with her stories and sharp quips. Recently, she decided to try out Zoosk dating website. The Zoosk commercial almost tempted me into signing up. I mean, as a romance writer, I really appreciate the reality of the romance in the commercial. *cackle*
So Lil Sis signs up. After a browsing the site for a while, she posted the following advice on her Facebook:
A few tips for men wanting to put a profile on online dating sites.....
1. I don't care what year you were born, do not put '69' any where in your profile name.
2. Do not hold handcuffs in your teeth in your profile picture.
3. Even if they are yours, and we know they aren't, do not put a picture of 6-pack abs on your profile. You are in your 40's... if those are yours, you probably mistakenly checked the 'seeking women' box.
4. Do not put 'lick, spank, or hot4u' in your profile name.
5. Please put on a shirt for all posted pics. Unless you checked the wrong box, you probably should have someone fall for you before unveiling all that.
6. Ask someone's opinion on the picture you select; what you may think is sexy, may look like a serial killer's mug shot to the rest of us.
7. For goodness sakes would the poor slob who calls himself 'IsItInYet' just give up...
Denysé Bridger: Escape to Africa (Contest)
5 hours ago