Saturday, June 23, 2007

One down, more to go...

Well, the Kensington proposal I've been working on for the last month is in the mail! I mailed it with the usual sick feeling in my stomach. Every time I send off a proposal or a manuscript, I get almost physically ill! There's a similar feeling when I have a book release. Nervous tension, I guess. But it's done.

This morning, I'm supposed to be working on a new story for Ellora's Cave. It's almost finished. Maybe another 3000 words. Except instead, I'm surfing the web and watching DVD's of Queer As Folk Season 1. Bad Shayla! I need more coffee. I need it done this weekend so I can start on the Tor proposal.

RWA National Conference is in two weeks! I can't wait. I'll get to see my wonderful writer friends and I'll have my first book signing at the "Readers for Life" Literacy event! July 11th, Dallas Hyatt Regency, 5:30 - 7:30! If you're near there, come visit! I got an email from Ellora's Cave Thursday notifying me that The Cost of Eternity was in the warehouse! It'll be on the Ellora's Cave online bookstore and at Amazon.com in a couple of weeks! I ordered my author copies yesterday. I can't wait to hold a copy of my book in my hands.

No comments: