Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Can Breathe Again...

I've watched the country I love and served sink deeper and deeper into a quagmire of lies, deceit and bad judgement...Iraq--a war we shouldn't have started, Afghanistan--a war we should have finished already and an economy out of control because of deregulation spurred on by greed.

Last night, I took the first deep breath in months as I watched the electoral map turn blue. I know the wrongs of the last eight years won't be fixed overnight--over even the next year or the next four years--but I feel we are stepping off in the right direction. And we'll get there. We Americans are nothing if not persistent.

Regardless of the history made by electing Senator Obama, I believe the bigger picture is we elected an intelligent, thinking man who knows how to surround himself with strong advisors and will listen to them and to the people who elected him.

I look forward to January 20th as the beginning of a new era.

No comments: